5/31/13

A Cooking Detour

End of the quarter time. Busy, busy, busy, but no so busy that I can't whip up this to eat with lunch:

Delicious Homemade Hummus:

In your food processor, mix:

2 big garlic cloves
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cayenne
2 T good quality olive oil
1/4 C water

When those are good and blended, add:

One can low- or no-sodium chickpeas

Blend, blend, blend until super smooth.  Add the juice of one big lemon.  Blend some more.

That's it! It will take you five minutes!

Serve with carrots, sliced red pepper, pita, whatever you like.

Enjoy!


12 comments:

Adele said...

Yum! This looks easy enough for me to actually try!

Petrea Burchard said...

Thank you, Margaret. It's just what I needed.

Shell Sherree said...

Ooh, this is spooky ~ I'm reading your post in quarter time in the match I'm watching! Sounds like seriously good hummus, Margaret. Thank you.

Ms M said...

This looks like a great recipe! Thanks.

Star said...

Yum!

Olga said...

So easy and so yummy. Thanks for this recipe. I think it was just what I needed to lift me out of my cooking slump.

altadenahiker said...

Guess this would be pretty thin without the chickpeas, huh. Because I've got everything else. Maybe I can thicken it with my wood putty; I've got plenty of that this week.

TheChieftess said...

My mom used to make her own hummus...me? I buy Athenos authentic traditional hummus and add my own personal touches...but easier with out the fuss!!! But I must admit...not as good as the home made! You're an inspiration Ms. Finnegan!!!

Desiree said...

I love hummus, too. I also like to add sesame seed oil, it gives it that added kick--

Alison said...

Must pass this on to my daughter...she loves trying out new hummus recipes!
Alison xx

Cafe Pasadena said...

Cooking & books go well together: eating while reading, or cooking the books, just a couple of examples.

Susan Campisi said...

Sounds yummy. I bought chickpeas to try with another recipe but perhaps i'll make some hummus instead.