7/14/13

Tweet this: Try as you might, kale is still kale

I have two IMPORTANT announcements.

1. You may have friends who tell you that you should make kale chips. They will tell you, "Oh! Kale chips are like a kind of vegetable CANDY." "Oh! They are so delicious and good for you and they are like DESSERT for your mind and your body."  Friends, this is all a LIE. Plus, such "chips" make your kitchen stink.  Be forewarned.

2. I'm now on Twitter.  Follow me at @FinneganBegin. Are you on Twitter? Give my your handle so I can follow YOU since you have such a great sense of humor and are always looking like you've just dropped ANOTHER five pounds and so I want to know your secret!

That is all, but as an added bonus, I give you this picture my friend Meg took of me at Scripps Camp, which I'm hoping reminds you of this.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

PS: Ms. M, if you read this, I've lost your log blog address. Can help me out there?

Ms M said...

You bet:
http://ms-mz-pages.blogspot.com/

You definitely got it right about kale! I don't care if it's "in" right now.

And that cartoon is one of my all time favs.

Petrea Burchard said...

...a wonging burns deep inside me...

The sets are so ewaborate! I'd forgotten. I wove the visuals.

Sowwy about the kale chips. Maybe I missed witing something in the wecipe. We couldn't get enough of them here. I'd ask my neighbor what I wote wong but you won't make them again anyway!

Shell Sherree said...

Rather than being an early adopter, I'm an early departer ~ I'm on the verge of deleting my Twitter account, Margaret, or I most surely would be following you!! I know your tweets will be dazzling, witty and captivating. Kale doesn't share these attributes... {lovely photo!}

Country Girl said...

Nice hat! My husband is 1/2 Norweigian. He doesn't like kale either! Must be a Scandinavian thing! Ha ha!

Desiree said...

Thank you for being brave enough to tell the truth about kale! At a dear friend's home, I forced myself to eat second.

Susan Campisi said...

My sister bought kale chips when she was visiting a year and a half ago. They are still sitting in the kitchen cabinet. But I'm telling you, I make a mean kale salad. You have to use the dino/lacinto kale, massage it with oil, tear it up into small bites and include something sweet like apples and dried cranberries.

I'm a late adopter to Twitter. I have to keep finding new social media avenues to preach depressing animal advocacy issues. Thank you for not unfollowing me.

I love the magic helmet!

Susan Campisi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
altadenahiker said...

I hate kale. I don't even like the way it's spelled. And kale is the only thing that self-seeds and thrives in my sad little vegetable patch.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I have never had a friend tell me I should make kale chips

Addey said...

Kale... *shudder* Then again, I feel that way about most veggies. I mean, most of them _look_ fabulous and lovely, until I get them onto my fork or into my hand on the way to my mouth.... then I smell them. ick! Love the helmet.

TheChieftess said...

Thanks for the warning Ms Finnegan...although...I must admit...it was totally unnecessary!!! I have a natural avoidance...I can't decide if that's a good thing...