1. Tell her not to worry when people call her stubborn. Stubborn is just another word for determined.
2. Tell her TO worry when people call her nice. Nice can mean doormat. Help her know the difference.
3. Tell her not to worry so much about getting into a good college. Believe me, enough people will be telling her the opposite. There are many paths, help her find her own. Don't make her believe she has to race on every one else's highway.
4. Tell her to feel what she feels. Tell her not to bottle it, not to hide it, not to deny it. There's only one way to process feelings, and that is by fully experiencing them.
5. She will feel insecure about her looks. Tell her there are are only three guaranteed beauty secrets: a good bra, a good haircut, and a good night's sleep. The rest are all scams. Then get her a good bra and a good haircut. And make sure she gets enough sleep.
6. Tell her the truth: Most of the chances we regret are the ones we didn't take.
7. Tell her that envy comes from wanting other people's packaging. Our insides see everyone else's outsides.
8. Tell her this is her one guaranteed turn on this marble, so she should think twice before devoting it to a screen, any screen.
9. Tell her the story of every woman you know who ended up bitter and depressed because she lived her whole life for someone else.
10. Tell her the story of how she was born, how she grew up, and how, when she was ready to go, you opened the door.