12/18/13

I'm not dead...

Just recovering from a grueling quarter of teaching. I'm using my break to try and finish my next manuscript. I have about 70,000 words. I think I have another 10,000 to go. Wish me luck.

In the meantime: Here is a Christmas goddess for you. I posted it a long time ago, but maybe you missed it.

Getting ready for Santa Claus? Thank Holda. This Teutonic goddess, depicted as a gorgeous blond in a flowing red and white gown, governed many realms. It all depended upon who you asked and where you asked them. She was known variously as goddess of the
Captioned as Image via Wikipedia
 weather, goddess of winter, goddess of wealth and prosperity, and the goddess of generosity.

She flew through the night on December 24th, which was known as Mother Night, bringing gifts and happiness to all she encountered. She was especially fond of children and was known to drop down chimneys and bring them presents.

To thank Holda for her generosity, people often left milk and food out for her on her special night of gift giving.

Now doesn't this sound familiar?

Channel this goddess when: Aren't you channeling her already? Or are you one of those smarty pants who's already finished her Christmas shopping. Ho, ho, ho.


Need a goddess? Of course you do! Leave me a comment telling me what you need her for and I'll see what I can do.

7 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

Holda on.

Great news about the manuscript.

Desiree said...

WOW! I wanted to ask you about your next novel, but I didn't want to harrass you. Great reading this! Huzzah!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

I hope she visits people of the Hebrew persuasion! Good luck with your manuscript. I can't wait for your next book!

Olga said...

Seriously? Somebody somewhere stole a story

Ms M said...

I think I'll include Holda in my celebrations this year.
Great to learn your new novel is coming along well!

Petrea Burchard said...

Woohoo on that manuscript! You go!

Cafe Pasadena said...

Good to hear you're still alive. Fellow bloggers were spreading rumors! :)