3/12/14

Busy Little Me

Well Hello!

I haven't seen you for a while. My bad. It's end of the quarter time again and I've been crazy busy. Let me show you what crazy busy looks like around here:
It looks like compostables filling up my freezer. And Thin Mints. Have you got your Girl Scout cookies yet?

And papers to grade

And this chair (and another one just like it) and a little table. I am sanding them down with a power sander. Then I am going to paint them Tardis blue. I know! You didn't know I could do that, did you? That's ok! I didn't know it either! When they are done, I will put them:

Here. I freaking made this little patio by myself! (I did have help with the heavy lifting.) Previously, it was just dirt and the camellias in the back. I purchased and planted all the new plants. I flattened down the dirt to and put down the gravel and the rocks. The tiles and the pavers (which you can see below were all things I recycled. Bad news though, two of my plants are dying. They are getting too much sun. 
See the Buddha in the back? Hmmm. I'm not sure if you can, but it is there, and it means: Don't freaking mess with me! I am in my peaceful place!

I also have my lettuce going on. It's actually a bit past its prime. If you want some, I have plenty, but it is a bit tough and a little bitter.

And then there are more papers. More paper are also on the way. Alas, not a single one is yet graded.


15 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE your patio!! How did you do that? I want details, then I want you come over and do one for my yard!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hey - so nice to see your blog pop up in my reader. You have been a busy girl, and I love that your busy stuff included a painting project and that awesome patio. Love it! Good luck with all those papers!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

You ROCK! Literally!!!
Employed, parenting, cookie season, and oh by the way I built a Buddhist patio????
I want to be you if I ever grow up.

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm so inspired. Really.

Olga said...

I am very impressed. I am in the process of deconstructing a patio, but I hired some one to do it after my back started complaining.

Daisy said...

Totally awesome! But what IS that in your freezer? Compost, really???

sue said...

The little patio is totally zen.
My hens would love that lettuce, Margaret, though I'm not sure how I would get it from you.
Why is that compost stuff in your freezer?

Marian said...

Margaret, you are amazing. That is a beautiful patio. Makes me want to sit outside in a Tardis blue chair and soak up the sun!

TheChieftess said...

Shhhh...Margaret needs to go to her peaceful spot in the garden!!!

Ms M said...

Look like you've been very busy! With (mostly) good things. Great patio!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Your so crafty! your garden is a beauty. I love the new cedar fence too as well as the choice of color for the chairs. I do have some bad news for you though - you might consider digging out the oleander on the edge. It appears it's fallen victim to blight and is on it's way out. It's to happening to oleander all over the city. Maybe non running bamboo? A zen choice

altadenahiker said...

I didn't know you could do stuff like this. Looks great.

Bec said...

The patio looks awesome! Is paper grading allowed in the peaceful place? Just finished grading my last of 124 essays last night . . . my finals start in 1 hour! Can't wait for spring break.

Najma Velshi said...

That's a gorgeous patio! Where were you when I had a garden? It is so Zen. Reminds me of one I came across driving around PEI one summer-PEI by the way is Prince Edward Island. (:)

Alison said...

Love that patio...good luck with all that grading!!
Alison xx