8/28/14

Busy, busy, busy

Busy, busy, busy. And no writing done at all for at least a month. I'm starting to feel unsettled by it actually. You may not know this, but writing can be a sort of addiction, which if you think about it makes sense. Why else would anyone write? It's not good for your physical  health (too much sitting), It's not good for your mental health (too much time sitting alone), not good for your pocketbook (you hardly ever make any money), and you feel compelled to do it anyway. Like me. I haven't written for a month and I'm getting all antsy and nervous and pouty. But what's a girl to do? My sweet younger teen doesn't start school until Tuesday and I'm driving my sweet older teen all over the place. (She can't drive because of those pesky seizures.)

But don't you worry none about me. I have a nice loaf of zucchini-chocolate chip bread that I  have been stuffing in my gullet.

I have my adorable Scout to keep my company.



I have pretty sunflowers in my backyard.



And I've discovered this magical thing!

Plus, I think I'll squeeze in about an hour and half of writing today. That will make me happy.

Hope all is well. What have you all been up to?




9 comments:

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Yum. And Yay Scout. And I hope that machine is somewhere near your house.

Ms M said...

Writing is rather like an addiction, isn't it. I hope you were able to get a few words on the page today.
(And I'll have a slice of that zucchini chocolate chip bread please)(I'll bring the coffee)

Ms M said...

Oh, especially yay for Scout!!

Daisy said...

I miss the goddess stories! Get busy Margaret or I'll steal your cupcake machine! :-)385

Olga Hebert said...

Yep, sometimes that pesky real life will interfere with the writing life. Or is it the other way round?
Funny how we can make excuses when we have the time to write and miss it so much when we don't have time.

Bec said...

Whoa! Where is that cupcake ATM? Wait, maybe you shouldn't tell me . . .

Petrea Burchard said...

Bec, I agree, she shouldn't tell us. Too much sitting at the desk and too many cupcakes make for too much of a "Butt In Chair."

altadenahiker said...

I believe it's called bus driver bum.

Desiree said...

You got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. I am happy for you--