12/16/14

#Christmasmiracle #Gradesposted #Wineandwhinearedifferentthings

It's a Christmas miracle! I have finished and posted all my grades! It's been a long quarter, my friends, and it has been a quarter marked by two time things:
1. Teaching (which I enjoy)
2. Driving (which I've never really liked but which I am grateful to be able to do). My big girl started community college in the fall and, as you know, she cannot drive because of the whole seizure drama. Likewise, because of the whole Asperger's drama we wanted to minimize the number of big changes she had to adapt to. Bottom line: I was driving her to and fro, to and fro. Blah, blah, blah. But--here is the good news--she passed her classes! So we are all very proud and pleased.

These thing were sacrificed upon the alter of being a responsible professional and mother: writing (sad), networking (sad), reading lovely blogs (sad), eating enough vegetables (sad), having even one moment of time to myself (tragic), a clean house (HA!)

I was helping a friend's daughter work on her college application essays, and, as part of the supplementary materials for one school, she had to come up with a hashtag that defined her and then explain why. Nerdy me, I thought that was the most fun thing I'd ever heard: Here are some for me:

#highlights_do_not_count_as_hairdye
#I_vant_to_be_alone #Pour_mommy_a_glass_of_wine
#Help #Dustbunnyapocalypse
#Wherearemykeys?
#Doyouwantfrieswiththat?
#shush...justshush
#IAMNOTYOURSHERPA

PS: as for the photo: they are succulents in a planter in my front yard. Aren't they pretty?

8 comments:

Pasadena Adjacent said...

#they_are_pretty_succulents

Congratulations Big Girl!

I don't have nearly your responsibility load, yet my bathroom looks like it belongs to a gas station.

#it_is_what_it_is

Desiree said...

The succulents are gorgeous! I thought it was an istockphoto--
I'll get back to you on that hashtag business--

Cathy Perlmutter said...

#I_can't_believe_the_Holidays_are_Back.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Congrats to your girl on her classes! :o)

Merry Christmas, Margaret! xo

Petrea Burchard said...

Right now:
#WilmasNotMeanJustScared

Year round:
#IDontHaveTime

#MerryChristmasEveryone

Watson said...

Congratulations to #learneddaughter and to her dear mom.

The plant IS beautiful. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2015

Star said...

The succulents are lovely. [chattering excised] Congrats to your daughter for passing her classes, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ms M said...

Love your #photo!

#Congratulations to your #daughter!

#MerryChristmas to you and yours!

#my-house-is-a-mess-too