1. Hear me read my personal essay "The Reel Classroom," at I Pretend, a spoken word event featuring cool writers at SPACE this Saturday, April 13 from 7:30 to 9:00 PM. Adults only. Suggested donation $5. 1506 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA. 91030. Phone: 626/441-4788.
2. Read my story "Genius Unleashed" in the new anthology Literary Pasadena, which also features stories by such acclaimed writers as Michelle Huneven, Victoria Patterson and the always charming Petrea Burchard. (Full disclosure: "Genius Unleashed" is a reworking of my story "Creation," which some of you may have read elsewhere.)
3. Visit me at the LA Times Festival of Books, Saturday, April 20, from noon to one o'clock, where I will be signing copies of Literary Pasadena at the Prospect Park Books booth. USC Campus.
4. I think it is time that I remind you that Mother's Day is just a month away. What better way to celebrate the moms you love than with a copy of The Goddess Lounge, a story of love, motherhood, a lot of dogs, tons of traffic, a few modern-day monsters and a little divine intervention.
5. You have until the 15th of this month to post a picture of the ugliest shoes of the season. The winner will get eternal glory and an as yet undetermined prize of very little worth. I know that's a little off topic, but I'm just saying...
6. Enough about me. Did I mention that you are rocking those sweat pants! You look fabulous. Stop losing weight already! You're shaming all of us!