3/14/12

11 Things You Don't Know about Exciting Me

Carrie tagged me with this 11 things you don't know about me challenge. I'm supposed to post five rules, tell you 11 things you don't know about me and answer 11 more questions as well. I hope Carrie doesn't mind, but I'm going to cheat a little because the quarter is almost over and I get nervous everytime I looks at the giant stack of papers I have to grade. So, I'm not posting the rules, and I am not answering the original questions, and I am not tagging anyone because tagging is stressful in my current state of mind. But I will tell you 11 heretofore unknown facts about my mysterious and fascinating self. Take notes. You will be tested later. Oh, wait, you're not my students. "A"s for everyone! 1. I am slightly genetically evolved. No wisdom teeth. Ever. 2. I'm having some issues with my secret boyfriend Colin Firth. I think he is looking a little old, and so I'm sort of wondering if I still want him for my secret boyfriend. 3. Apparently, I am really that shallow. I never knew. 4. Luckily, my other secret boyfriend, Ewan McGregor, is just looking better and better, and I am very excited to see him in the Yemen movie. 5. I feel very lucky that my husband is understanding about my secret boyfriends. 6. I recently started watching the British TV show MI 5, and I am noticing that Matthew McFadden has a really great voice. I am seriously considering replacing Colin with Matthew. Apparently, I have no loyalty at all. Is that wrong of me? 7. I am really, really good at hula hooping. I can hula hoop for, like, forever. 8. I have a very subtle hula hooping style. I look like I'm barely moving. The secret: it's all in the ankles. 9. Colin will always hold a very special place in my heart. I'm worried that you are judging me. 10. I have a horrible sense of direction. You really don't want me to drive you anywhere. 11. I'm not very good at following directions, so you also don't want me to make any IKEA furntiture for you. I'll cry, and you'll hate me. It will be ugly. 12. But you can count on my to bring cookies. I'm not bad with the cookies. 13. But I'm not so good with counting.

20 comments:

Bec said...

Love the last two . . . Ikea is not my friend and cookies always make things better.

Joanne said...

No wisdom teeth? Lucky.

And good with cookies? Lucky again. You've got it made.

Thanks for the glimpse into your life ... I'll give it a happy A :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Leave it to you to break the rules and still come out shining. I smiled, I laughed, I nodded in agreement!

I wish hula-hoops weren't so cumbersome to mail - I have a local friend who MAKES them and they are awesome adult hoops!!!

Olga said...

Lookism? Ageism? I expected better, Margaret. But, hey, if Colin needs consoling, have him look me up.

Anonymous said...

I can never find my way either, but I always get there on time.

(Maybe you and Colin just need a little vacation from each other. What I don't know but really want to know about you is -- how many times have you watched P&P.)

Watson said...

I love your secret boyfriends. Do you share???

Najma Velshi said...

You will love Ewen McGregor in Yemen-I saw it at the TIFF last September and will most likely see it again-btw, don't give up on Colin yet-he gets better with age! (:)

Cafe Pasadena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cafe Pasadena said...

That now makes 17 things I didn't know about Xciting you but I've recently learned. Thanks, MF, et al.

Unknown said...

Haha I don't mind at all - I love your post! I love hula hooping but from the ankles?! I am intrigued!! I think we need a video of this when your quarter's over. Great post - glad you played along!

claire bangasser said...

Lovely, Margaret. Thank you.

Margaret said...

Deb, alas I think I must hula hoop in secret. The world is not ready for that amazing sight.

Daisy, I do share.

Olga, I expected better too. I'm very disappointed in myself.

AH, that is part of the problem. My oldest daughter has watched it so many times tha she has sort of spoiled it for me.

Nama, I think you might be right, and I am excited to see the movie.

Bellis said...

The Salmon Fishing book by Paul Torday was so funny that I'm worried the movie will disappoint. For a young, very handsome Ewan, watch "The Pillow Book" movie. And by the way, your sense of direction is surely very good - how else could you lead the South Pasadena hikes?

Desiree said...

No secret--you are SO funny

TheChieftess said...

haha!!! #15...Margaret is delightful!!! Haven't been able to hula hoop in years...love your secret boyfriends...been working on perfecting the chocolate chip, oatmeal and nuts cookie at 8000 feet, love reading Margaret Finnegan's works!!!!

Country Girl said...

Very interesting secret facts! Ha Ha! You really can hoola hoop? I could never do that! As for directions... I use the GPS most of the time, but the other day that took me to the wrong place, so ..... hopefully I make it home from unfamiliar places- or to them too! - Cookies are always a good thing!

Petrea Burchard said...

I bet Colin knows all about your blog and you are his secret girlfriend. Or you were, until today.

Susan Campisi said...

Do you think it's your dream that has you down on Colin? Because I just spent 15 minutes looking at his photos on imdb and he still looks hot to me. Put me next in line after Olga.

Tony Van Helsing said...

So you like us sophisticated British blokes then?

Pasadena Adjacent said...

you are exciting AND humble