Take a deep OM breath. Let me help you put the "All is calm" back in Christmas.
1. Know your limits. Pour yourself a BIG glass of wine. This is, after all, the year of self gifting.
2. Know your space. My mother used to tell me that Santa never comes to a messy house. The truth is, he does. He is in fact a huge slob. A few dust bunnies or a refrigerator full of Easter ham will not get you on the naughty list.
3. Know who loves you; leave the competitive gifting to them. You can lose this race, and, in every way, you will be the richer for it.
4. Know what your body needs. It needs sleep, vegetables, laughter, and walks with the dog.
5. Know what your mind needs. It needs sleep, vegetables, laughter, and good books.
6. Know what your spirit needs. It needs, sleep, vegetables, laughter, and compassion.
Now take a hot bath. You are ready.